Chicken Souvlaki – a popular Greek inspired entréeby Daily Web TV Team | 1 year ago | 788 page views
Nothing says Greek cuisine like chicken souvlaki. Herb marinated and charcoal grilled chicken souvlaki served in a pita or on a bed of rice with tzatziki. Chef Johnny Koidis from Johnny Bistro draws on his Greek heritage to make this truly authentic dish.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-7 minutes
Marinating Time: 3-4 hours
6 oz boneless chicken breasts
1 cups Italian salad dressing
1 tbsp. garlic butter
dash white wine
2 bamboo skewers
- Cut chicken breast into 1 oz cubes
- Combine chicken and Italian salad dressing in bowl and let marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Add chicken to skewers and place on barbecue for 5-7 minutes. Make sure to keep flipping skewers.
- Just before you take the chicken off the grill, baste with garlic butter, add a splash of white wine and squeeze lemon onto chicken skewers.
- Serve grilled chicken on a pita with diced tomatoes and tzatziki.
For more great recipe ideas, visit www.JohnnyBistro.ca or for an evening filled with great food, visit the restaurant at 5 Washington Street in Markham.