Barbecued kebabsby Maggi | 11 months ago | 1241 page views
Everyone loves a barbeques, but how to you kick it up a notch? Why not try using Maggi Sweet Chili Sauce to take your dinner to a whole new level?
1 tbsp. ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp. coriander leaf, or cilantro, shopped
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 tsp. cumin, ground
1 tbsp. tomato paste, or tomato puree
4 tbsp. Maggi Sweet Chili Sauce
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
150 ml yogurt
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
1 dg beef, topside, cut into 2 cm/1″ cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 cm/1″ dice
1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 cm/1″ dice
1 large onion, cut into 2 cm/1″ dice
12 bamboo skewers soaked in cold water
1. Place all the marinade ingredients in a liquidizer, blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Thread the kebab ingredients onto the soaked skewers in the following way; beef cube, red bell pepper, beef, onion, beef, green bell pepper, beef. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
3. Place the skewers in shallow, non-metallic dish large enough to take the skewers in a single layer if possible (double layer maximum).
4. Pour over the prepared marinade and turn the skewers to ensure that all sides are well coated.
5. Place the kebabs in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 1 hour, three to four hours, or overnight would be even better.
6. Cook the kebabs on a hot barbecue grill for 10-15 minutes (or until cooked through) turning frequently. Baste with remaining marinade during cooking but ensure that the marinade is fully heated through before serving.